Hi to visitors who came here to visit my wordpress blog hosted by wordpress.com. I just want to tell you that I just recently got myself a domain! But for now, I won’t tell you yet my new home site until it’s ready. It’s been a pleasure to blog here, but now, I really decided to get my own domain. I will post another here again to inform you when it’s ready. Please don’t forget to update your bookmarks !
SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY PHILIPPINES 2008 – LIVE via Wi-cast
One Nation, Unity for Software Freedom
Venue: University of Makati, J.P. Rizal Ext. West Rembo, Makati City
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
With satellite events at Holy Angel University (HAU) – Pampanga, University of Santo Tomas (UST), Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) – Taguig and Mindanao State University (MSU) – Marawi City
Brought to you by:
- Computer Professionals’ Union (CPU) in partnership with Hubnob
and in cooperation with:
- University of Makati (UMAK) – IT Society together with TXTpower
- PHP User Group Philippines (PHPUGPH)
- Joomla! Users Group Philippines (JUG-PH)
- Philippine Ruby Users Group (PhRUG)
- Drupal User Group Philippines
- Mindanao Bloggers
- Angeles City Linux Users Group (ACGLUG)
- Internet Cafe Association of Imus (ICAII)
- University of the Philippines- Linux Users Group (UnPLUG)
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) – Taguig
- Mindanao State University (MSU) – Marawi City, Bayan Muna and Office of Rep. Teddy Casino
I was at the Wordcamp Philippines 2008 last Saturday, and I felt so delighted to meet Matt Mullenweg personally and asked for his autograph.
I am also hoping that there would be also a cakephp conference and the core team would visit here too!
I was able to connect again to cakephp irc community yesterday about 1pm already, Philippines time. Another fellow cakephp programmer asked about how to call or include models in custom components.
I told him you can use,
so, after a while, he told me the code worked. I also explained to him that the uses() is deprecated in 1.2.
And then, another programmer told us about using ClassRegistry::init() in custom components. He provided us a link so we can see more explanation about using the code.
I post this blog because the way of Incorporating models in components is making me confused. You suggest using App::import and then , another will say use ClassRegistry. But when you suggest ClassRegistry, someone will say, just use App::import. I don’t get it.
I thought to blog my experiences and give advice on creating web apps. I can’t explain each of the items below right now, but I guess it will be easy to understand them.
1. Plan,plan,plan. It doesn’t really hurt to plan anything.
2. Know when several people is more needed than a one-man-team in developing web applications. You will always need help in some areas. may it be testing, prototyping, budgeting,etc.
3. make documentation of all your progress, or at least make comments line-by-line so you would know why you coded it that way.
4. use an effective code control system, so you could have a history of your previous work and revert back the changes.
5. decide where it is convenient to use a popular PHP framework or just create your own.
There! I said almost everything. If you wish to add some more please put it on as a comment.